We would LOVE for you to be a part of our presentation. We are hoping that you would be willing to tape a short video (or type a response) answering 2 or more of the below questions. Once we have all of the video clips we will be editing them together to show our audience how other women in tech have found success, overcome any barriers to success, and share the excitement and joy of women using tech.
QUESTIONS (answer in 1-2 minutes each):
- Tell us your tech story, how did your excitement for technology begin?
- What are barriers to you using tech?
- What supports have you had to using tech?
- Has anyone ever made you believe you couldn’t be doing tech/shouldn’t be doing tech?
- How have people encouraged your use of technology?
- What are ways that you explore new technology?
- How have you connected to other women in technology?
- Tell us about one or two ways you’ve utilized technology in your position. Tell us a little about how you made it happen.
- How can you be an ally for women in tech? (all gender identities welcome to respond!)
HOW TO SHARE YOUR ANSWERS:
If you decide to share your responses via writing, just reply to this blog post.
If you are willing (as we are hoping!) we would love to get as many video clips as possible. You can share your video clip by uploading it to YouTube or Vimeo and sending us the link. Please submit videos and responses by May 31, 2012.
PLEASE feel free to forward this blog post to anyone in your network who you think would be willing to participate!
My story, anwsering the question: “Tell us your tech story, how did your excitement for technology begin?