By Jennifer Keegin
These types of posts are usually about what’s on our desktop..and or desk. However, my desktop is boring except for my super awesome desktop background which is in itself an organizational tool. But today I’m in the mood to cover the other half of this challenge. My desk. The literal top of my desk.
Last year the entire Dean of Students area was facing a transition and it was asked of all staff to consider moving around rethinking our spaces. Long story short, I gave up a perfectly good office with windows for a space with no windows and concrete walls. Folks on video conference calls said I looked like I was in jail.
However, there was a silver lining to the whole thing. I was given the chance to buy new furniture of my choosing since the room was empty to start with. This was a great compromise and I moved immediately.
This picture will tell you the rest of the story.
1. My desk is the bomb.
2. My chairs are the most awesome and I’ve decided they are in the shade of my new favorite color.
3. Staples came out with a line of products in the same shade and I was ecstatic.
4. You’ll see remote controls since I’m in charge of the 13 televisions downstairs from my office in the food court.
5. I told you my desktop is boring. Its actually a new computer and I don’t have a good screensaver loaded.
6. The rest of the mess are maps, binders and related items all for this week’s events. I have outdoor movies tonight, an outdoor concert with Ferris Wheel tomorrow night, and an all day University Fest event Saturday. WHOO Wee.
Seriously though, as I look at this picture, it really does tell you so much about me. Especially me in an incredibly busy time at work.
For those of you who have already jumped the Welcome Week hurdle – Congrats. For those entering the fray – LET’S DO THIS.