By Rachel Luna
Inspired by a grassroots effort from author and web expert Molly E. Holzschlag (@mollydotcom), today is “Unsung Leaders of the Web Day” as folks are invited to shout out messages of thanks.
I proclaim 9 April to be “Unsung Leaders of the Web Day”. Honor a colleague or friend for their contributions. Begin now. #HonoringWebFolk
— Molly E. Holzschlag (@mollydotcom) April 9, 2015
Who are the unsung leaders of the web in your community?
- Was there a digital ambassador who helped you get on board with web technology?
- Do you have a great IT support team?
- How about an awesome content manager?
- Can you send a virtual high-five to your favorite bloggers?
- Who is that person in your life you can always go to with web tech questions?
- Who do you count on to be the innovator and push the envelope of the web?
Check out the #HonoringWebFolk hashtag on Twitter and add your own acknowledgements. Perhaps you can extend the spirit of this movement beyond social media and take the time to show these folks how much you appreciate them with a hand-written thank you card or even a face-to-face conversation.