By Jennifer Keegin
In the last two weeks or so, my co-worker got a new iPhone 4S and my mom got a new iPad. Between the two of them, apps have become a frequent topic. After deciding it was time for me to revisit my own apps on my iPad, I came across a new app that was just what I was searching for. An app that allows me to create collages or frames within my Instagram photos.
Have you seen these images like this one on Instagram?
It was killing me. How did they do that? How did they get three pictures on one slide? The answer is Nostalgio. You can take pictures while using the app or use photos from your albums. Its available FOR FREE on iPad and iPhone.
Here’s some info from their site:
Nostalgio helps you arrange your photos into a beautiful photo collage and share it with your friends via e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr, and Instagram.
Featured by Apple in the Photo & Video Essentials and Staff Favorites!
• Lots of collage templates
• Great variety of frames
• Customizable borders
• Live Camera mode in all frames
• Most popular photo filters: Cross-Process, Black&White and Sepia. You can use them individually on a single photo!
• Pick a layout for your collage
• Choose photos from albums or take new ones
• Use camera simultaneously in all frames to take pictures of the same object and enjoy fun results!
• Tap Random button and let the app create a collage for you
• Rotate and resize your photos
• Save and share your collages in different sizes
• Save and share your images across multiple social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr, and Instagram
Experiment – we’ve done everything to ensure the perfect result!
It takes a little bit to get used to how you place the photos, and you might have to try a couple of different templates to find the configuration you like best (which means you’ll have to start over again with the selection of pictures) BUT – its worth it. If you don’t follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you missed a few collections of pics of my little one who is quite the character. She has a very expressive face, and being able to show a few different faces she’s made on one shot is the best.
This app allows you to create the shots you want first, then you can either save it to your device and be done or you can share it.
You will have to connect all your accounts which as always takes a little time to set up.
Again, being able to put these collages into Instagram was the best-and so yes-if you start listing out the steps for creating these shots for Instagram specifically, I’m talking about:
1. Taking pictures.
2. Turning the photos into a collage of sorts via Nostalgio and then
3. Putting them into Instagram and then
4. Editing it and THEN
5. Sharing them.
If you don’t mind all the steps and using multiple apps and screens – then check it out. (It’s easier if you’re just saving them or sharing via Facebook etc.).