By Kathryn Magura
I’ve never considered myself to be much of a cook, but I like to try. I am one of those people who needs to follow a recipe, so I frequently find myself combing the internet for good recipes on the web. For today’s linkage love, I thought I’d share some of my favorite websites to check for good quality recipes.
- The Pioneer Woman: I don’t remember how I stumbled upon the Pioneer woman, but I’m sure glad I did. I enjoy her free thought blogging style as she walks us through her recipes, and the pictures of her food are simply stunning! I’ve never seen such wonderful pictures of food. I have a feeling that Ree Drummond (the actual Pioneer Woman) would be fun to hang out with as well.
- Epicurious: If I have some random ingredients in my refrigerator, but no true inspiration for what to make, I’ll plug the ingredients into Epicurious and see what recipes come back. I’ve found a few good recipes this way, and when I’m feeling adventurous about food, this is where I’ll go to satisfy my craving.
- Skinnytaste: In my quest to try and eat healthier, I found Skinnytaste.com. I’ve tried a few recipes from this site, and I’ve found them to be very tasty. The fact that they are also healthy is simply a bonus.
- Chocolate-Covered Katie: While this one may seem dessert focused, I actually found it while looking for some healthy breakfast options on Pinterest. While Katie seems to be a big dessert fan, she seems to find ways to make them as healthy as possible. Katie provides a lot of healthy substitutions that allow those of us with a big sweet tooth to indulge themselves without too much guilt.
- Pinterest: One of the things I love about Pinterest is how easy it is to find great recipes there. I find a lot of fantastic recipes to try just by perusing my feed from the recipes my friends post. I’ve also found success typing keywords into the search to find recipes as well.
So what are your favorite websites for recipes? I’m especially fond of good slow cooker recipes, so feel free to make recommendations in the comments!